Currently, there are many video editing applications for PC or laptop with a number of features and excellent video quality to create simple animated videos for YouTube content.
But usually the best video editing apps available are very large in size which makes it unusable for users using low spec laptops.
Also, there are some apps that require users to pay up front to use them. So at this time Hindsband will provide recommendations for video editing apps for laptop or PC which are lightweight, free and very suitable for beginners.
1.Adobe Premiere Pro
Everyone should have a certain time with family, friends or loved ones. Usually this moment can be captured by making a video, one of the applications that can make videos is Adobe Premiere Pro.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the best video editing application for PC which is widely used by professionals. Adobe Premiere Pro app has been widely used as a PC video editing app for YouTube content creators. This is because it is not only easy to use, but also has full functionality.
If you have been able to use Adobe Premiere Pro application, you can easily create professional videos like music clips, movies, short videos and others.
To use the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro, you have to pay a pretty expensive monthly subscription fee, but if you want a free version, that is also available. software free, namely Adobe Premiere Pro CS2, which is directly provided free of charge by Adobe here.
Advantages of Adobe Premiere Pro:
- Full editing features for professionals.
- You can make short films and filmmaker easily.
Cons of Adobe Premiere Pro:
- The monthly subscription fee is quite expensive.
- To begin with, it is very necessary to learn adaptation first.
Have you ever heard of the FilmoraGo app? The developer of this app apparently also has a desktop version called Wondershare Filmora which has many advantages that distinguish it from other PC video editing apps.
This laptop video editing app is perfect for beginners to access all the features it contains. The size of this app is also quite light so your PC or laptop won’t mistake when using the Filmora app.
If you are interested in using the Filmora app for free, please click here.
Advantages of Wondershare Filmora:
- You can access all features and plugins for free.
- It has an interactive user interface and is perfect for beginners.
- Light app size.
Disadvantages of Wondershare Filmora:
- In the free version, there are filigree WonderShare logo.
- Not very complete functions.
3. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker developed by Microsoft is a video editing application for PC that does not exist filigree and it is specially designed for Windows based PC or laptop users.
This software has basic video editing features that can be classified as limited, but the latest version of Windows Movie Maker app can still be used on Windows 7.
With a very friendly and easy to use interface, this video editor for PC is perfect for beginners trying to learn basic video editing. Click here if you want to try the app.
Advantages of Windows Movie Maker:
- This application can be used for free and directly using the Windows operating system.
- Very basic features with features that beginners can use right out of the box.
Disadvantages of Windows Movie Maker:
- The functionality is very limited, for professionals the Windows Movie Maker application may not be suitable.
- The screen is so simple that it becomes boring.
4. VideoPad Video Editor
Developer NCH Software has many of the best multimedia apps available, including one of the VideoPad Video Editor apps for editing videos on PC devices.
This video editing app is quite simple in appearance and its size is very small so it is very easy to use.
VideoPad already supports many video formats like AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV and there are also audio formats to make the editing process easier. If you are interested in the VideoPad app, please click here.
Advantages of VideoPad Video Editor:
- Free and lightweight video editing software to use.
- It has full support for a full range of video and audio formats.
Disadvantages of VideoPad Video Editor:
- Not suitable for professionals because the functions it offers are very limited.
5. HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is the best free video editing app for PC that has many powerful features among other free video editing software.
Software with functionality similar to Adobe After Effects is available for Windows and Mac users and has a wide variety of features.
Features of this app can create video effects, grades, and use VFX for advanced effects on today’s latest action movie videos.
You can also download this lightweight video editing software for PC for free by clicking here or paying for other features.
Advantages of HitFilm Express:
- HitFilm Express app can be used for free with different video editing effects features.
- Available in several platform like Windows and Mac.
Cons of HitFilm Express:
- To get full features, you need to upgrade by paying every month.
6. DaVinci Resolution
If you are looking for a full-featured free video editing app for PC, DaVinci Resolve is one of the best video editing apps for PC today.
The DaVinci Resolve app is brought to you by the developer Blackmagic Design, which is also known as a manufacturer of high-end DSLR cameras.
DaVinci Resolve has many great features for beginners and professional editors who want to use it for free.
The features offered start from multi-camera editing, motion graphic, audio mixand other features for you to try for yourself. Click here if you are interested in trying it out.
Advantages of DaVinci Resolve:
- All platforms Windows, MacOS, Linux can download it for free.
- The size of the app is not too big and it is very easy to use.
Disadvantages of DaVinci Resolve:
- Appearance user interface confusing so some users find it hard to understand.
- there is something bug bug In the application.
7. AVS Video Editor
The next lightweight video editing app for PC is AVS Video Editor. This application has a very interactive screen, easy to use and with very complete functions.
This PC software has a relatively small file size. However, the features it offers are no less complete than its competitors. One of the advantages of this application is that it uses technology that can cache video so that the video editing process becomes Complete HD is smoother and faster.
For video editing, you can download AVS Video Editor by clicking here. The app also offers a timeline option that allows you to split edits between videos, add effects, provide subtitles and audio.
Advantages of AVS Video Editor:
- The size of the application is small, so it is suitable for low-spec PC or laptop users.
- There are functions with cache video for faster and clearer video editing.
Disadvantages of AVS Video Editor:
- The user interface of this application is very simple, so it can be boring for professionals.
For those of you who want to find a free and lightweight PC video editing app, one of the apps is Cyberlink PowerDirector which is owned by Cyberlink company.
In addition to manual video editing, you can also use the Express Project feature that allows you to quickly edit.
Cyberlink PowerDirector is also suitable for professional needs thanks to features like 360-degree video editing, motion tracking, chroma key, and color adjustment.
Also, this video editing software only requires a minimum of 2 GB of RAM to be able to use it, especially for the PowerDirector17 version that you can get here.
Advantages of Cyberlink PowerDirector:
- A lightweight and free video editing app for PC.
- All features and Add can be done easily.
- There are features like motion tracking, chroma key, and color adjustment.
Disadvantages of Cyberlink PowerDirector:
- The results of the video are not very clear.
- The video format is not very complete.
9. Avidemux Video Editor
Avidemux is a lightweight video editing application for PC designed to easily trim videos, apply filters, insert and organize songs, and various basic functions.
The app also supports many types of video file formats, including AVI, DVD-compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, and many other formats. Click here if you want to try the Avidemux Video Editor app.
Advantages of Avidemux Video Editor:
- has function open source so you can change the usage.
- Supports various types of video and audio file formats.
Disadvantages of Avidemux Video Editor:
- Its function is very simple and suitable for beginners.
10. Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacle Studio is the best video editing software for PC, with very powerful features and provides an interactive yet easy to use interface.
In addition, there are functions screen recording which is suitable for those of you who like to make videos, for example, to make video tutorials.
This app has 1500+ effects and templates for video editing. Although in order to have all the features available you have to pay every month, but you don’t have to worry because there is a free version by clicking here.
Advantages of Pinnacle Studio:
- Function screen recording can make users record screen with high video quality.
- There are different template options for quick video editing.
Cons of Pinnacle Studio:
- You must upgrade first to use all available features.
That is our information about the best free lightweight video editing app for pc or laptop in 2021 and without filigree. Hopefully this article can be useful for all of you.