How to convert Word to PDF – PDF files are currently being used by many people. You may already be used to using it to submit assignments or papers. No wonder many are looking for ways to convert Word to PDF for various reasons.
Basically, all document formats have their own advantages and disadvantages. When you finish working on something through Microsoft Word, the file will be saved in Word format. You can still edit it however you want.
You can not only edit the document, but also other parts. Of course, as long as you have a Word document that has been created. Therefore, it is recommended to convert the format to PDF first.
The PDF format is not as editable as editing a Word document. You can convert the content of the document to PDF, either in the form of text or images in it. And in conclusion, it’s no wonder today that various online registrations, e-books, CVs and term papers need to be converted to PDF before being sent.
Documents that have been created in Microsoft Word can be converted to other file formats. One of them is the PDF format that we will talk about on this occasion. How to convert a Word document to a PDF format easy to do?
The method is very easy, you just have to follow some guidelines that will guide you Click print explain below, there are tutorials that have been written here based on trustworthy and trustworthy sources. Here is the complete information.
How to convert Word to PDF
Now it is easy for you to manage documents with various types of software and applications. But the many options can confuse some people. Therefore, it is important to know which apps and sites are easy to use even for beginners.
Here are some easy ways to convert Word to PDF to do it on a computer, laptop, or cell phone.
1. Using Microsoft Word
Basically, this method can be said to be the easiest way if you are using a laptop. Almost all versions of Microsoft Word already support saving documents as pdfs. So you can do this method on all laptop specs. The method is as follows:
- Turn on your computer/laptop then open the program Microsoft Word.
- Click File and then New to open a new document.
- If you want to open an existing file, select
- Click File and then Save or Save as if you want to save a document that already exists.
- In the section save as typeyou click *.pdf.
- Rename the file as needed.
Although it doesn’t immediately find the file in PDF format, basically the file is already saved in PDF format. So, use the PDF reader or viewer app you usually use.
2. Office use of WPS
Sometimes there are multiple computers or laptops that do not have a Microsoft word processor installed. Perhaps the reason is that the price of Microsoft Office software is quite expensive for some people.
Instead of using pirated versions, you can use free word processing software. One of them is WPS Office, which is widely used as an alternative to Ms. Office.
This software was developed by Kingsoft developer which includes three applications in one package namely Writer, Spreadsheet and Presentation. Don’t worry, all these applications are compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point documents.
Not only that, this app also allows you to convert Word documents to PDF, here are the steps.
- The first step is to open the Word document that you want to convert to PDF.
- Select Menu and then Export to PDF.
- Next, check the section of the page you want to save as a PDF.
- At this stage, you can also rename the file as needed.
- To save it, just click Export to PDF.
Although WPS Office Writer is compatible with Microsoft Word software, not all fonts are included in this word processing application. So maybe you find that the font changes automatically when you open the file.
If this happens, maybe you should spend more time re-editing the file. Interestingly, this program also has a function to convert PDF files to Word. This feature will be very useful if at some point the Word files you already have are deleted.
3. Use of Google Drive
Who would have thought that cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive can be used to convert documents? This method can be an alternative option because almost all smartphone users already have a Google account.
Through this account, you can access various Google products. For example, Gmail, Google Maps and of course Google Drive. Basically, this method is similar when you use the WPS Office app.
Within the Google Drive app, you can use three apps, namely Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Well, each one is compatible with Microsoft Office files. Therefore, you can convert it to another format as long as the computer or laptop you are using is connected to the Internet.
- The first step, make sure you are signed in to your Google account.
- Upload the Word document you want to convert to PDF format at GoogleDrive.
- Double left click on the document you want, you can also click Open with Google Docs.
- Select File and then scroll your computer/laptop to Download.
- You click on PDF Document (.pdf)*
- Wait for the document to download automatically.
The above method is no less easy than the method described above. You must remember that to access Google Drive, you must first have a Google account.
After successfully converting through this platform, the results may not always look so good. This is especially true if your Word document contains a lot of images or layouts. If the results are not clear, take the time to edit them so that the results can be in accordance with your wishes.
4. Using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe vendors are already known for their fancy editing software. Not only that, it turns out that Adobe also has an online service for converting files, you know. The service is an online site called Adobe Acrobat.
Of course, you need to be connected to an internet connection that is stable enough to be able to use this service easily. Usually, this method is often used by those who are in a hurry to convert PDF files.
Not just simple, this online site can be used for free by all people. Following are the steps to convert Word file to PDF via Adobe Acrobat online.
- The first step, you open your browser and then enter this link: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/word-to-pdf.html.
- Then on that page, click Select File.
- You can also drag the Word file that you want to convert to PDF.
- Browse and find the file on the device’s storage media.
- Adobe Acrobat’s online service will automatically convert it from a Word file to a PDF.
- To save it, click Discharge the end result.
5. Through the SmallPDF site
SmallPDF is basically already famous for its function to reduce the size of PDF files. This is not the only feature of this site. You can also change the file format from Word to PDF or vice versa easily.
The appearance of this site is very concise and there are not many ads, so it is liked by Internet users. You may also like it because the SmallPDF site is very simple and free.
- Visit the site through this link https://www.smallpdf.com/
- In the top menu, click Tools, then Word to PDF.
- Well, here you can directly input the Word document you want to convert to PDF.
- The trick is to click Select File then browse to the Word file.
- Wait a few moments until the conversion process is complete.
- then click Discharge