About the features available on WhatsApp, some of them have their own rules.
For example, in order for the DP not to be cut off, we have to use the correct size WA profile picture.
This also applies to videos. There is a certain time and size limit for sending messages in video format. You must know this limit so that the video you want to send is not cut off.
If you are curious, you can directly refer to this article. Here Uplotify will explain how to send long videos on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp maximum video size
According to the WhatsApp FAQ, you can only send video messages with a size limit 16MB and the duration is approx. 3 minutes once shipped.
So, for example, you yourself record a video with a camera, which in fact, once recorded, can reach a size of more than 16 MB even if it is only for 3 minutes.
If you force the video to be sent, WhatsApp will automatically turn on its default Trim feature.
How to send large WhatsApp videos
When you hit a limit when sending large videos, don’t worry. Because there are several ways that you can use to solve this problem.
Here are some ways to send large WhatsApp videos to follow:
1. Through the Document menu
The first way is through the WhatsApp documents menu. Through this document menu, you can send any file (including video) with a size of more than 100 MB.
In addition to videos, you can also share other formats. For example, as documentation formats (Word, Excel, PPT), compression (RAR, ZIP) and images (PNG, JPG, SVG).
Here’s how to send a large WhatsApp video via the document menu:
- First please click attachment icon.
- Select a menu documents.
- Then find the large video you want to send.
- after that click Send.
- Wait for the delivery process great video succeed.
In the example above, I am trying to send a video that has a size 36MB. As we know the size limit on WhatsApp is only 16MBbut through this document menu we can send it successfully.
A collection of WhatsApp tips and tricks that you can try:
2. Submit via Gallery Share
Then you can send large WA videos through the share function in the gallery. The method is quite easy, you just need to open the gallery, select the video and click share via WhatsApp.
In this way, WhatsApp will be able to send videos of any size. The important thing is to make sure your Internet connection is adequate.
Here’s how to send a large WhatsApp video via gallery sharing feature:
- Open Please Gallery on your HP.
- Then find the video you want to share via WhatsApp.
- Next click on the menu Share.
- Select application WhatsApp. In this image it is written that the video we want to share has a size 31MB.
- Then select the recipient of the video and click the icon next.
- Look at video preview and click Send. Here the size is reduced, the effect of getting the automatic compression of the WhatsApp function becomes 11MB.
- Please wait until the process of sending large videos on WhatsApp is successful.
3. Upload to Google Drive
If you want to be more secure, you can send videos that have been saved to Google Drive. In addition to being able to secure video files on Google Drive, you can also send them without size restrictions.
Because later what you will share is not a full video, but only a link. The recipient then needs to download the video you share via Cloud Storage.
To know how to send a large WhatsApp video by uploading it to Google Drive, you can follow this guide:
- first open google drive first through the browser you normally use.
- Then click the button New.
- Select a menu Upload file.
- Find the large video file you want to share.
- After that, click Open to continue the upload process to Google Drive.
- Wait until the upload process to Google Drive is complete.
- Then click on the video and click on the link icon at the top.
- Set the accessor to be anyone with a link.
- then click salt bond to share it
- Final, paste on WhatsApp.
4. Compress video
The next way you can compress the video that is sent. For example, initially your video is 30 MB, compressing the size will reduce it later (eg to 15 MB).
For the easiest way to compress, use the VidCompact app. Here are the steps to use it:
- First open Google Playstore and search compact video.
- Click Install to start the application installation compact video the.
- If the installation is successful, open the VidCompact app.
- Next click on the menu Crop and compress.
- Find the video you want to reduce in size.
- Set the resolution as desired, for example in this guide choose 640P.
- After that, see the estimated file size after compression. Try to be below the limit specified by WhatsApp, which is to select the size. 16MB down.
- Then click on the icon Discharge.
- If you want to share directly, you can select the menu WhatsApp.
- Wait until the compression process video succeed.
- Later, the video will be sent automatically on WhatsApp.
5. Crop video
Finally, you can also send large videos on WhatsApp by dividing them into several parts. For example, the size of the video you want to send is 30 MB.
Then you can cut the video into 2 parts of 15MB each. After that, just send it to WhatsApp.
For more details, you can follow how to send WhatsApp large video by trimming the video:
- Open Google Playstore first and search for the app split video.
- then click Install and wait until the application installation process split video done.
- Then open the app. split video.
- Click on the menu select video.
- Select the video you want to cut.
- Click on the menu split video prior to.
- Choose the amount video section what do you want to cut Example we want to share with 2 parts simply and click the button Done.
- After that, click the button Save money.
- Wait until the process video export done.
- Then click the button Result to see the results.
- Finally, the video just needs to be shared on WhatsApp as usual.
Those are some ways to send long videos on WhatsApp. Because there are several ways, so you can choose the one you want.
If you have problems or there are still things you don’t understand, ask us through the comment column.