Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
After a two-year absence due to the pandemic, Art of Speed finally returns for 2022 and is the Malaysian premiere. Custom The & Counter Culture event is going big this year to celebrate 10 years of cool bikes, radical rides, art and culture.
Read more: We went to the AOS 2019 Autoshow and it was AWESOME
The Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang (MAEPS), will host Art of Speed 2022 (AOS 2022) on July 2-3, 2022 from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
Art of Speed Malaysia (AOSM) is supported by Tourism Malaysia under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (MOTAC) through its Tourism Recovery Plan 2022 recently launched by its Minister, Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri with the slogan ‘Cuti-Cuti Malaysia 2022’ in an effort to boost domestic tourism.
For AOS 2022 foreign guests from the international customs community and the media are returning, including:
- Emi Suganuma from Japan, “Sunny” Yano and Michi “NATQQ” from MOONEYES
- Scott Johnson from United States (USA) from Mama Tried Motorcycle Show
- Warren Heir Jr. from USA from Flat Out Friday
- American Yaniv Evans of Powerplant Motorcycles
- Australian Chopper and Kustom Artist Russell Murchie “MOW”
- Dino Dalle Carbonare from Japan from Speedhunters.com
- Yasuo Sekijima and Satoru Ise from Japan from Vibes magazine
- Indonesian Pinstripe Artists Mil of Millart, Irvine Jasta and Fahmi Freeflow
- Thailand’s Aekalak Kitdusitpong Die Cast Modeler from AKARA
The highlight of AOS 2022 is the Art of Speed Invitational Bike Build-Off 2022, featuring 7 builders competing for the prize money of RM10,000 (jury selection) and prize money of RM5,000.00 ( public choice).
The competing constructors are:
- Sarawak skatecture with builder Mohammad Nasir Morni
- Chaos Kustom from Sarawak with builder Azizan Abdul Rahim
- Johor acid welding with builder Abd Rasid Ismail
- Jewa Lukha from Penang with builder Farhan Uzair Sabri
- Penang’s Motorburuk Garage with builder Mohd Aidzam
- Perlis RGF with builder Fazrul Izham Azizan
- Zuhal Fast Custom from Johor with builder Abdul Halim Jamaludin
The Hot Wheels Legends Tour kicks off again on June 18 at Publika, Kuala Lumpur with an incredible display featuring their exclusive life-size Bone Shaker Monster Truck.
This year’s entrants, which include car customizers and modifiers, will be delighted to learn that a selected winner from the Asia Pacific region will also have their actual car transformed into a one-of-a-kind Hot Wheels die-cast.
Registrations for the Hot Wheels Legends Tour will be available online on June 18 and at AOS 2022.
Visitors who want a special Hot Wheels experience will be able to drive and have a professional photo taken with their car along with a backdrop of life-size Hot Wheels blister packs.
This unique experience will be on a first-come, first-served basis and visitors will be able to download a photocopy from our social media after the event.
There will also be a free gift with the purchase (GWP) of a US Limited Edition Hot Wheels Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) die-cast car, as well as 200 autographed Hot Wheels posters.
In collaboration with NoEqual.co, NEAT Fest returns in Hall C, featuring a collective display of hand-selected attractions from across Malaysia dubbed “Garage Life”.
Hail Vintage returns for AOS 2022 and will be held in Hall C, featuring a display of vintage workwear and 32 specialty vendors, a double increase from 2019. Also located alongside Hail Vintage is the Jubilee Antique Café with flavors Kelantan Kopitiam specials.
Taking place in Hall D will be Off The Grid Outdoor Camping & Lifestyle, a new concept of “outdoor living” that takes place indoors in air-conditioned comfort and many activities both on and off stage for the whole family to enjoy.
Qhalis Najmi of NoEqual.co will host this year’s annual Kustom & Koffee Talk in Hall A at 3:30pm on Saturday, joined by foreign panelists Scott Johnson of Mama Tried Motorcycle Show and Warren Heir Jr. of Flat Out Friday.
The forum will discuss the latest trends in the bicycle and car industries.
Additional AOS 2022 activities include:
- Roda Rumble 2022 – Two Wheels Gathering & Outdoor Festival supported by Retro Mania
- The Culture: the first meeting of appreciation of the Chicano culture of Malaysia
- Food Park Food Vendors and Trucks now with protected access in the basement/underground level of DG Food and Beverage
- vintage flea market
- Alfa Romeo Club Malaysia Meeting
- Hot Wheels Club Malaysia (HWCM) Convention (Room D)
- Streetwear Streetwear Fashion Vendors Con Galore (Hall D)
- RC Mini Crawlers Demonstration and Exhibition
- Product launch on stage.
- Test Ride Zone for motorcycles (Ducati, Royal Enfield, Vespa, Aprilia and Harley-Davidson)
Also returning for AOS 2022 is the very popular Sound Circus Festival.
This year’s Sound Circus Festival lineup will feature Hujan headlining alongside bands like Sekumpulan Orang Gila, SweetAss, Iqbal M., Balok People and many more.
Sound Circus Festival is strictly for those over 18 years of age. ONLY!
To end the show on Sunday there will be a raffle of gifts for, not one, but TWO lucky winners.
One lucky winner will go home with a fully restored EV Classic Vespa unit by Kluk Klek Soul and EV conversion by Elders Elettrico, and another lucky Hausboom customer at the show will win another custom Hausboom EV Classic Vespa.
AOS 2022 will reintroduce the Speed Lane ticket, which opens one hour earlier at 9:30am; priced at RM55.00 valid for both days.
Visitors can enjoy an additional hour inside the main hall, Hall C and D. Weekend pass is available at the gate and online for RM35.00 with children under 12 entering for FREE.
OKU (disabled) pass holders will also enjoy free entry.
Sound Circus Festival outdoor-only tickets are sold out, but the Sound Circus Festival + Weekend Pass combo is still available online only. Online tickets are available, HERE.
AOSM Festival Director Asep Ahmad Iskandar said that since its inception, the festival has successfully established itself as a gathering not only for motorcycle and car enthusiasts, but also art practitioners, musicians, collectors and the like, while culminating in a large-scale annual event.
For this year’s event, AOSM will celebrate its 10th anniversary and in so doing ignite the spirit and enthusiasm of loyal visitors with the highly anticipated Sound Circus Festival.
Director of the AOSM Festival Asep Ahmad Iskandar.
For this year’s event, NASTY, the world-renowned producer of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) and vaping products, will be the main presenter.
We are huge fans of AOSM, and receiving this opportunity and the opportunity of a lifetime to closely participate in their 10th anniversary and this event is something we cannot pass up.
Shariffudin Bujang, founder and CEO of the NASTY group.
For more information about this event, please visit the official AOSM website or Facebook page.
Share your thoughts with us through TRP Facebook, TwitterY Instagram.