Reddit.jsmalfamart.com~ Working with numerical data in Excel may seem complicated, but there are actually many functions and shortcuts in the editor that make this task easier.
One such case is calculating a person’s age, which does not need to be calculated separately if you have their date of birth.
Here’s how to calculate age in Excel using a simple formula and save time and convenience when creating your document.
If one of the pieces of information in your spreadsheet is someone’s date of birth, instead of manually calculating their age, use the YEAR and NOW functions to make this calculation automatic. To do this, follow the steps:
1. Enter the date of birth:
Confirm that the person’s date of birth is already in the spreadsheet. It can be placed anywhere in the document, as long as it is only in the cell (which we will call the reference cell).
In addition, the format of the date must be the following: DAY/MONTH/YEAR, with the full year, without abbreviations;
2. Enter the formula:
Click on the cell that needs to be filled with the person’s age and type the following formula “=(YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(Y2))”.
Notice that the “A2” part of the formula is highlighted.
It is this fragment that we need to replace to perform the calculations;
3. Fill in the columns and rows in the formula:
Replace the “A2” section with the columns and rows, respectively, of your reference cell (in the example image, Luana Vila’s birthday).
So, if the date of birth is in column C and row 2, as shown in the figure, the formula will look like “=(YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(C2))”;
4. Generate age:
Press enter, causing the subject’s calculated age to appear;
5. If a problem occurs, format the cells:
If the cell does not display the age, it is probably formatted incorrectly. To fix this problem, click the right mouse button.
Tap “Number format”, click on the “General” option and confirm with “OK”. There, the person’s age will appear correctly in the cell.
How to calculate age in Excel without cell reference
It is possible to calculate the age of a person in Excel, even if their date of birth is not entered in any cell of the spreadsheet. In this case, you just need to know your year of birth and follow these steps:
- In the Excel spreadsheet, click the cell to be filled with the person’s age, and type the following formula “=YEAR(NOW())-1960”;
- Replace “1960” with the person’s year of birth;
- Press enter, causing the subject’s calculated age to appear;
- If the cell does not display the age, it is probably formatted incorrectly. To fix this problem, click the right mouse button. Tap “Number format”, click on the “General” option and confirm with “OK”. There, the person’s age will appear correctly in the cell.
the last word
So that’s the discussion this time we can pass on to you guys all about How to calculate age in Microsoft Excel. That’s all and thanks.