TV shows are a great way to escape reality. When you start watching a series or TV show, you immerse yourself in the world and its characters. More than movies, series have a unique way of creating a personal connection with the audience through deep stories and realistic characters. If you’re into martial arts, there’s a good chance you’ve heard of ‘Into the Badlands’.
Into the Badlands is a television series made in the United States, which launched its first episode in the year 2015. The series belongs to the science fiction genre with martial arts as the main theme throughout the program. There are a total of 3 seasons in this series. The creators of the show had plans for season 4, but unfortunately it was cancelled.
Set in the post-apocalyptic world, the series is about the story of a boy and a warrior with amazing supernatural powers. He is seeking enlightenment in the unjust and ruthless post-apocalyptic world, which is now under the control of feudal barons.
The story of Into the Badlands takes place about 500 years in the future, which is a post-apocalyptic world. The aftermath of a bloody war has destroyed civilizations on the spot. Although few technological things like vehicles and electricity still work in the post-apocalyptic world, the world survives entirely on crossbows and other weapons, eschewing firearms.
Badlands is the territory in which numerous states are located. They are between the Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains. In this place a feudal society has emerged after the war, which has left a vacuum in the space of power. In a land riddled with war, the barons took control of commodities like fuel and traded with each other for income and peace.
These barons are served by their slaves, who are called Cogs, and prostitutes, who are known as Dolls. An army of young men and women called Clippers to serve these barons. These people are highly skilled and trained to be loyal and dedicated warriors. The rule is that they should not marry or have children. All his loyalty should be in the service of the barons. A Regent is the captain of each Clipper force.
Apart from these barons and clippers, there are numerous forces and groups. To name one, there are the nomads, who are lawless homicidal bandits. They rob merchants to survive, but they also live in an organized way. Another group known as the River King and his soldiers took control of the water trade in the Badlands. They are neutral to barons. No enemy, no friend.
Similarly, there are several groups in the Badlands. Totemist is the ascetic religious movement, which exists in the Badlands society. The people of this movement live in isolated communities and practice idolatry.
There is something called Azra, a mythical imaginary city that is known to exist far from the Badlands, but many say that it is a legend and not a real city. In such a post-apocalyptic world, a young man and a warrior with supernatural powers seek enlightenment.
Main cast and characters of the series.
The cast and characters of Into the Badlands are listed here for your reference. While some are main characters, appearing throughout all three seasons in pivotal roles, some are recurring supporting characters.
- Daniel Wu
- Orla Brady
- Sarah Bolger
- Knight Aramis
- Emily Beecham
- Oliver Stark
- Madeleine Mantock
- Ally Ioannides
- marton csokas
- nick frost
- Ceesay Babou
- Lorraine Toussaint
- Ella Rae Smith
- august sherman
- Stephen Lang
- Theresa Liane
- mike seal
All the aforementioned characters appear in all three seasons of the series. Into the Badlands has too many actors and characters. So, we have listed only a handful of characters that form the crucial part of the story.
Index of Into the Badlands
As we already mentioned, Into the Badlands has a total of 3 seasons. The first episode of season 1 aired on November 15, 2015, while the last episode of season 3 aired on May 6, 2019. The series ran for 3.5 years with success.
Here’s a breakdown of Into the Badlands seasons and episodes for your reference:
- Episode 1 – The Strong
- Episode 2 – Fist Like a Bullet
- Episode 3 – The white stork spreads its wings
- Episode 4 – Two Tigers Subdue Dragons
- Episode 5 – The Serpent Creeps Down
- Episode 6 – Hand of Five Poisons
- Episode 1 – The tiger pushes the mountain
- Episode 2- The strength of the eagle’s claw
- Episode 3 – Red Sun, Silver Moon
- Episode 4 – Palm of the Iron Fox
- Episode 5 – The Monkey Jumps Through the Fog
- Episode 6 – Leopard Stalks in the Snow
- Episode 7 – Black Heart, White Mountain
- Episode 8 – The Sting of the Scorpion’s Tail
- Episode 9 – The Nightingale Doesn’t Sing Anymore
- Episode 10 – Wolf Breath, Dragon Fire
- Episode 1- Enter the Phoenix
- Episode 2 – The Moon Rises, the Raven Seeks
- Episode 3- The leopard catches the rabbit
- Episode 4 – Blind Cannibal Killers
- Episode 5 – Take the Tiger to the Mountain
- Episode 6 – The Black Wind Howls
- Episode 7 – Dragonfly’s Last Dance
- Episode 8 – The Leopard Catches the Cloud
- Episode 9- Chamber of the Scorpion
- Episode 10 – Raven Feather, Phoenix Blood
- Episode 11- The Boar and the Butterfly
- Episode 12 – Cobra Fang, Panther Claw
- Episode 13- Black Lotus, White Rose
- Episode 14- The Curse of the Red Rain
- Episode 15- Requiem for the Fallen
- Episode 16- Seven Strike as One
1. Where can I watch the Into the Badlands series?
Into the Badlands is available on both Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, depending on the country you live in.
2. What is the genre of Into the Badlands?
Into the Badlands is a science fiction series with martial arts as its theme.
3. How many seasons are there in Into the Badlands?
The Into the Badlands series has a total of 3 seasons.
Into the Badlands is one of the highest rated TV series on IMDb with ratings of 8/10. The series is known for its brilliant martial arts action sequences. Martial arts fans will love this show with all their hearts. Compared to the first season, the second and third seasons of Into the Badlands received better reviews from critics.