Following OpTic Gaming’s triumph at the VCT Masters Reykjavík, all eyes turned to North America after the region claimed its second cap. VALORANT LAN Trophy in Iceland. The NA VCT Stage Two Challengers main event is set, with 12 teams set to go head-to-head in a round-robin group stage before a deciding double-elimination playoff bracket.
With only two stages during 2022 VALORANT Champions Tour, everything is on the line for these teams who want to make a Masters appearance and make a Champions run at the end of the year.
Here’s everything you need to keep up with the NA VCT Challengers Two Main Event, including teams, standings, schedules and results.
VCT Stage Two Challengers Teams and Groups
Here are the 12 teams competing in the North American VCT Stage Two Challengers main event.
- optical games
- The guard
- NRG Sports
- faze clan
- light games
- 100 thieves
- evil geniuses
- ghost game
OpTic, The Guard, Cloud9, and XSET were invited to the main event after finishing in the top four at NA VCT Stage One. NRG, FaZe, TSM, and Luminosity qualified through the first open qualifier. 100T, EG, Ghost and Sentinels qualified through second.
VCT Stage Two Challengers Format
Like the last stage, the 12 teams will be divided into two groups that will compete in a round-robin stage, all in best-of-three matches. The top four teams in each group will advance to the playoffs and the bottom two will be eliminated.
The tiebreaker will be a double-elimination bracket where all matches are best-of-three, except for the grand final and lower bracket final, which are best-of-five. The top seed of each group advances directly to the second round of the upper bracket. The fourth-place team from each pool starts in the bottom bracket.
Teams compete for a $200,000 prize pool and two NA spots at the Masters in July.
VCT Stage 2 Challenger Playoffs
Thursday, June 16
Friday, June 17
Saturday, June 18
- 3:00 p.m. CT: XSET 2-0 100T (XSET 13-10 Icebox, XSET 13-4 Climb)
- 6 p.m. CT: OpTic 2-0 EG (OpTic 13-5 Breeze, OpTic 13-3 Haven)
Sunday, June 19
- 3:00 p.m. CT: NRG 2-1 EG (EG 13-3 Bind, NRG 13-8 Climb, NRG 13-11 Split)
- 6:00 p.m. CT: FaZe 2-1 100T (100T 14-12 Split, FaZe 13-10 Fracture, FaZe 13-11 Breeze)
Friday, June 24
- 3 p.m. CT: XSET vs. OpTic
- 6 p.m. CT: FaZe vs. NRG
Saturday, June 25
- 15:00 CT: Lower Group Final (Copenhagen Masters Qualifying Match)
Sunday, June 26
VCT Stage Two Challengers group stage
Group A Classification
Classification group B
Group stage schedule and results
- OpTic 2-0 FaZe (OpTic 13-8 Promotion, OpTic 13-9 Fracture)
- XSET 2-0 Ghost (XSET 13-11 Shelter, XSET 13-9 Fracture)
15 th of May
- NRG 2-0 TSM (NRG 15-13 Breeze, NRG 13-10 Climb)
- Cloud9 2-0 EG (C9 15-13 Icebox, C9 13-9 Fracture)
- FaZe 2-0 Cloud9 (FaZe Fracture 13-5, FaZe Shelter 13-8)
- Ghost 2-0 NRG (Ghost 13-6 Shelter, Ghost 13-5 Breeze)
3 of June
- XSET 2-0 TSM (XSET 13-9 Haven, XSET 13-9 Split)
- FaZe 2-0 EG (FaZe 15-13 Icebox, FaZe 13-9 Breeze)
- Cloud9 2-0 Sentinels (C9 13-2 Shelter, C9 13-7 Rise)
- OpTic 2-0 Brightness (OpTic 14-12 Split, OpTic 13-8 Ascent)